DAVID A. CHEEK
Direct Phone: 405.286.9574
Direct Fax: 405.286.9684
David Cheek has forty years of experience as a practicing attorney in virtually every area of law from insurance defense and product liability to complex business transactions and corporate litigation. Cheek has also handled a wide range of issues and disputes for individuals, including probate litigation, real estate disputes and negotiations, bankruptcy matters and debtor-creditor relations. His practice is focused primarily in commercial, business, financial and real estate matters, involving both transactional and trial work. Mr. Cheek is also a trained mediator.
• Represented a Fortune 500 company in prosecuting a multimillion dollar claim for damages arising out of a defective component product incorporated into client’s product and installed across the USA.
• Defended a regional financial institution in defending class action involving allegations of unlawful lending practices to consumers.
• Represented a national financial institution in defending fraud, deceptive and unlawful lending activities on a claim by a borrower seeking rescission and damages.
• Represented a group of lenders in a participated loan in protecting their secured and unsecured position in borrower’s bankruptcy proceedings.
• Defense of business tort claims in behalf of state financial institution.
• Trinity University, Bachelor of Science 1970
• University of Oklahoma, Juris Doctorate 1974
ADMISSIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
• Oklahoma Bar Association
• Oklahoma County Bar Association (Former Chair of Fee Grievance & Ethics Committees, Member of Board of Directors)
• Licensed in all Oklahoma State Court, Federal Courts in the State of Oklahoma, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and US Supreme Court
• Named among top 100 Attorneys in Oklahoma by the Oklahoma Super Lawyers Magazine
• AV Preeminent Rated Attorney