JAMES L. CRUMPLEY
Direct Phone: 405.286.9676
Direct Fax: 405.286.9559
James Crumpley’s practice involves all aspects of corporate and tax law. He concentrates in the areas of estate planning, individual and business tax planning, tax exempt organizations, contracts, formations, divestitures, acquisitions, mergers and general business transactions. Mr. Crumpley has extensive experience in federal income tax law, as he previously worked for the IRS for nine years as a revenue agent specializing in individual, corporate, partnership and employment taxation. He has formed and has experience representing all types of business entities, and has extensive experience in a wide range of divestitures, acquisitions and mergers involving all types of business entities, both as buyer’s counsel and as seller’s counsel. Mr. Crumpley is also a Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
• Represents various companies in general business and tax matters.
• Develops estate plans for individuals with small, medium and very large estates.
• Representes oil and gas companies in various multi-million dollar acquisitions and divestitures.
• Representes banks and companies in various loan transactions.
• Represented company in its acquisition of 40 chain restaurants.
• Represented seller in the sale of an abstract and title company.
• Represented manufacturer in the divestiture of one of its major product lines and related manufacturing facilities.
• Represents several non-profit organizations in general business and tax matters.
• Represented state run hospitals in their affiliation with a major for profit hospital.
• Represented specialty hospital in its formation and in general business matters.
• Represented large physician group in general business matters.
• Former General Counsel for a natural gas marketing and oil and gas company.
• Oklahoma Christian College – Bachelor Degree in Accounting 1986 (magna cum laude)
• Oklahoma City University – Juris Doctorate 1995 (summa cum laude, graduated second in class)
• Honors Earned in the OCU School of Law include West Publishing Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, Law Merit Scholarship Recipient, RIA Student Award for Excellence in Tax Law, Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Scholastic Excellence in Civil Procedure, American Jurisprudence Awards in various law school subjects.
ADMISSIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
• Oklahoma County Bar Association
• Oklahoma Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• AV Preeminent Rated Attorney