Direct Phone: 405.286.9568
Direct Fax: 405.286.9685
Randy Grau’s experience in business, law and government gives him the valuable tools needed to provide legal solutions and services to a diverse clientele, from Fortune 500 companies to small business start-ups. His background includes serving as lead trial counsel in insurance defense cases, representing companies in national class action suits, appearing in numerous arbitrations and mediations, setting up or re-structuring companies, and negotiating contracts for a variety of industries including banking, health care and government. Before joining the firm, Grau served as a Deputy Oklahoma County Commissioner where he assisted in administration and public policy development and worked to structure a $53 M bond issue to obtain a former General Motors plant for use by the US Air Force. He serves currently as a Representative for Edmond and Oklahoma City in the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
• Successfully served as lead trial counsel in third-party insurance defense cases, including appeal, as well as primary counsel in numerous state and federal cases, mediations and arbitrations regarding “bad faith” claims.
• Obtained summary judgment to protect parent companies against “piercing the corporate veil” claims in federal court actions.
• Won state case regarding “stacking” of insurance policies and successfully defended on appeal resulting in published opinion.
• Terminated parental rights and oversaw adoption of abused and neglected children as a volunteer attorney through Oklahoma Lawyers for children.
• Serves community banks and local businesses with all legal matters.
• Pepperdine University, Bachelor of Arts 1998 (magna cum laude)
• University of Oklahoma, Juris Doctorate 2001 (with highest honors, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers)
ADMISSIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
• Licensed in all Oklahoma State Courts, the Federal Courts in Oklahoma and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Oklahoma Bar Association
• Oklahoma County Bar Association
• Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
• Oklahoma House of Representatives (Assistant Majority Floor Leader)
• 2006 Statewide Earl Sneed Award for Contribution to Continuing Legal Education
• 2012 Business Times Top 20 Under 40
• Rotary Club 29 Oklahoma City
• 2014 Journal Record Top Achievers Under 40